hopRSS

Friday, December 17, 2010

3 New Reasons To Go Vegetarian

A friend told me that humans were meant to eat meat. That may be true, but we have free will! We can eat what we want, and I chose to be a vegetarian. I know you’re tired of hearing the whole health benefits spiel, so I’ll give you different reasons why veggies are the way to go!

1. More people will be fed! Animals who are farmed for meat consume a lot of grain. You could feed the entire world if you fed 100% of it to people! Also, Soil and Water journal states that one acre of land produces 250 pounds of beef…or 50,000 pounds of tomatoes.

2. You spend less. Switching to vegetables saved my friend a few thousand a year on food expenses. That’s a few thousand more you can spend on a vacation or new clothes!

3. You can drink cleaner water. It only takes 25 gallons of water to produce a pound of wheat. It takes a hundred times more to produce a pound of beef! Nitrate from manure is also one of the leading water pollutants in the US.

I’m not blaming non-vegetarians, since it’s what they chose, but for me, this lifestyle is better. What do you think?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment